Remuneration: R8 000 per month
Job type: Freelance, half-day contract
Location: Johannesburg (Negotiable)
This opportunity suits a freelance, work-from-home media professional, with some PR, communications or editorial experience already under their belt.
The usual work week will include:
- Daily posting to and monitoring of social media platforms for clients in the travel and tourism industry.
- Writing of blog posts and articles.
- Uploading content to WordPress sites.
- Sourcing of images.
- Assistance with business emails.
- Researching and brainstorming angles for features and news stories.
- Contacting industry spokespeople for comment for features and news stories.
- Creating newsletters.
- Assistance with Powerpoint presentations.
- Social media / editorial / public relations experience.
- The candidate will need to have their own computer/laptop and reliable Internet access.
- A sound working knowledge of WordPress, social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) and Mailchimp.
- Solid writing ability.
- Self-motived with the ability to work independently.
- PR or journalism experience in tourism, travel or hospitality is advantageous.
Applicants to send their CV to Sue van Winsen at email@example.com by the 31st of March 2017.